BRIDG Meeting Tomorrow!

Tomorrow is our first Bimonthly Records and Information Discussion Group (BRIDG) meeting for FY 2013. Registration for this meeting is now closed. However, we will be making BRIDG available via webcast.

The BRIDG meeting will run from 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m, Eastern time. Items on the agenda include:

1) Records Scheduling Backlog Project – Margaret Hawkins, Director, Records Management Services, Officer of the Chief Records Officer. This presentation will include a summary of the activities undertaken by the Appraisal Teams in ACNR to reduce the records scheduling backlog in FY 2012. Ms. Hawkins will also discuss lessons learned and the approach to reviewing and processing records schedules for agencies going forward.

2)  Restructuring the General Records Schedules. Andrea Riley, Supervisor, GRS Team, Records Management Services, Office of the Chief Records Officer will provide an overview of the GRS Team’s project to restructure the GRS, including the proposed plan and process.

3) FRC Facilities: Stephanie Hutchins, Lead Management Analyst, Storage Coordination and Logistics Branch, Federal Records Center Program will provide information on new facilities, compliance issues, and space challenges in the current Federal leasing environment.

Please visit this link to review the steps you will need to take to view the webcast.

If you are attending the meeting at the National Archives in Washington, DC, we will be providing free wi-fi to on-site participants in the McGowan Theater. We will also be monitoring questions from both the on-site and remote audiences through Twitter. If you would like to ask a question or make a comment, please use the #NARABRIDG hashtag.