Our office has recently issued two NARA Bulletins to all federal agencies. The bulletins are:
Bulletin 2022-01 revokes four previously issued NARA Bulletins. During our periodic review of NARA Bulletins, we determined these Bulletins contained outdated content and should be revoked. The four Bulletins being revoked are:
- Endorsement of DoD 5015.2 (Bulletin 2008-07)
- Pre-accessioning (Bulletin 2009-03)
- Agency responsibilities for scheduling electronic records (Bulletin 2010-02)
- Guidance on managing email (Bulletin 2014-06)
Any requirements contained in the revoked Bulletins have been subsumed by more recent NARA guidance.
If you have any questions about Bulletin 2022-01, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bulletin 2022-02 lays out new resubmission requirements for submitting Capstone forms (NA-1005). There are three types of resubmissions.
- Mandatory government-wide resubmission cycle, every four years, for agencies using GRS 6.1 for disposition of email records. The resubmission cycle starts January 2023.
- Agency-initiated ad hoc resubmission, for changes that need to be documented outside the mandatory cycles
- NARA-initiated ad hoc resubmission based on results of a NARA inspection and/or agency reporting.